Working as a PHP Developer: job description and skills requirements
PHP developers create programs and applications using this server-side scripting language. PHP was designed for web development but is also used as a general-purpose programming language. PHP commands can be embedded directly into a HTML source document rather than calling an external file to process data. PHP developers frequently work in linux environments with an Apache Server and MySQL database data storage (known as the LAMP archetypal model). Many popular web content management systems are written in PHP including MediaWiki, Joomla, WordPress and Drupal, so some PHP developers works on projects based on those frameworks, maintaining or extending functionality.
Working as a PHP Developer: what skills do you need to know?
- Interested candidates should be experienced in Apache Web server, WordPress and SQL
- Experience with unit testing and peer code reviewing
- Solid exposure to Unix-related operating systems
- A good team player who thrives in a dynamic environment
- Approaches each task with a user first mentality
- Outstanding problem solving skills
PHP Developer vacancies at Jobspotting
Examples of actual PHP Developer job postings
Career outlook as a PHP Developer:
There are currently 26 offers in None
There were 18 jobs in None during the last 4 weeks
Occupations related to PHP Developer: