Working as a PHP Developer: job description and skills requirements
PHP developers create programs and applications using this server-side scripting language. PHP was designed for web development but is also used as a general-purpose programming language. PHP commands can be embedded directly into a HTML source document rather than calling an external file to process data. PHP developers frequently work in linux environments with an Apache Server and MySQL database data storage (known as the LAMP archetypal model). Many popular web content management systems are written in PHP including MediaWiki, Joomla, WordPress and Drupal, so some PHP developers works on projects based on those frameworks, maintaining or extending functionality.
Working as a PHP Developer: what skills do you need to know?
- This role requires candidates skilled in CakePHP, Web Development and Magento
- Au fait with client-server architecture
- Experience with unit testing and peer code reviewing
- Always eager to learn about new technologies
- Have good knowledge of and experience with Front End Development
- Capable in focusing on a problem to deduce the best solution
PHP Developer vacancies at Jobspotting
Examples of actual PHP Developer job postings
A Santiago de Compostela-based company is hiring for a Programador/a PHP with experience in Programmer, and PHP
Occupations related to PHP Developer: