Working as a Backend Developer: job description and skills requirements
A backend developer is a type of software engineer who creates the logical backend and core computational logic of a website or information system. The key role of a backend developer is to ensure that the data or services requested by the frontend system or software are delivered through programmatic means. They are also in charge of developing and maintaining application logic, databases, integrations, cron processes and API services.
Working as a Backend Developer: what skills do you need to know?
- Capable of correctly interpreting technical requirements for projects and writing excellent code and detailed documentation
- Experienced with the Model-View-Controller development model
- Have good knowledge of and experience with Web Development
- Takes a 'user first' approach to their work
- Able to think laterally in order to quickly solve problems
Backend Developer vacancies at Jobspotting
Occupations related to Backend Developer:
With the skills required to work as a Backend Developer there are a number of related positions that would be suitable. Professionals working as Backend Developers with skills in Front End Development, PHP and CSS could also consider Web Developer positions.